Worship at St Johns
All are welcome
We welcome all to any of our services. If you are new to the Church of England, you can click here to find out more about our style of worship.
Sunday 24th October (Last Sunday after Trinity)
Liz Jackson will be our celebrant and preacher this week as we have no vicar. The service will be a Sung Eucharist with the organ and choir.
The service will be recorded and available shortly after the service. Please click to listen on Soundcloud.
Our Covid Steering Group met on 4th October to review the procedures in Church.
- The Test and Trace procedures will remain in place.
- Formal social distancing measures will no longer apply, but people are asked to be aware of the sensitivity of others.
- Those who are risk-averse are advised to use the side pews.
- Masks are preferable rather than being compulsory.
- The kneelers are back in use.
- Communion will continue to be distributed in one kind according to the present arrangement.
- Tea/coffee will be served in the hall after the service. Those who are still nervous about this may bring their own drink and/or chat to others outside.
There is a service of Holy Communion at 10am every Wednesday. This follows the Book of Common Prayer.
The church will be open for unsupervised private prayer from Monday to Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm during term time and also on Saturdays 9:00am - 3:00pm. You are welcome to wear a mask but it is not mandatory to do so. Hand sanitiser and pew cleaner/sanitiser will also be available should you wish to use it.
Supporting our worship
Many people are involved each week in supporting the worship. If you would like to know more or, better still, get involved, click here.