Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

St John the Baptist Parish Church

Mothers' Union

St John the Baptist Parish Church Mothers' Union

I would like to thank everyone who gave us greenery for the Mothering Sunday posies and all the help on Saturday 10th March. We made 140 posies which were all distributed at the 8 o’clock and 10 o’clock services on Mothering Sunday. Thanks also to the team who worked hard providing lunches at Messy Church.

The next two meetings on Tuesday 3rd April and Tuesday 1st May have been changed, so now Revd Jon Bush will be coming to talk about the Changes at Broadmoor on 3rd April and David Payne will be telling us about his trip to Kathmandu to rebuild an orphanage severely damaged in last year’s earthquake, on 1st May, both at 7.30pm.

The Mothers’ Union in the diocese of Oxford is celebrating its 130th anniversary this year and so it is appropriate that, at 2pm on Wednesday 11th April, we have Maureen Weston, who is a Trustee, talking about the organisation that now has four million members worldwide. She will be talking about what the MU stands for and how we can continue to be an effective force in the future.

The Mothers’ Union has a wave of prayer that circles the globe, as one diocese in the world stops praying so another begins to make a constant chain. The Oxford Diocese will be taking part from 20th - 22nd April and as this is the same week as our prayer meeting we will NOT have our Prayer Meeting on 16th April but on Friday 20th April. Please join us in the Lady Chapel at 10.30 if you can but if this is not convenient you can join in at home some time over those three days. The material for the Wave of Prayer is in the centre of the Spring copy of FOCUS so please bring it along with you if possible. If you cannot find the magazine I have extra copies.

The vicar will be enrolling three new members, Jasmin Bushnell, Maureen Dale and Leigh Welham, on 22nd April at the 10 o’clock service so do come and offer them your support.

Please also make a note of the May Fair on 7th May when we will be running the cake stall as usual, offers of cakes and help will be much appreciated.

Penny Rickards