St John the Baptist Parish Church
House Group begins again in September, continuing with our topic - ‘Daily Life in Bible Times’. This is a 10-week Bible Study which you can dip in and out of to suit your diary. Come face to face with the people you read about in Scripture by exploring what their daily lives would have looked like. Learn how a young man selected and courted his bride, what occupations they had and how they trained for them, how infants were cared for, and how the ancients mourned and buried their dead. We will also look at the economic and political climate, learn about crime and punishment, and even find out what they ate and how they dressed.
And as you come to know the culture of Jesus Christ, you will see Him more clearly as well.
As well as scripture readings and contemporary worship, you can expect a lively discussion about the topics being considered - and often more besides!
If you would like to join us, just come along to Oak Lodge at 7.30pm with your Bible - everyone is welcome. The schedule for the coming weeks is :-
- Monday 9th September - Clothing and Cosmetics
- Monday 23rd September - Home Life and Travel
- Monday 7th October - Government and Warfare
- Monday 21st October - Crime & Punishment
- Monday 4th November - Diseases & Healing
- Monday 25th November - Death & Funeral Rites
- Monday 9th December - Last House Group before Christmas
For more information, have a chat with Julie or Les after the Sunday service.