St John the Baptist Parish Church
The way of faith
Who is it for?
- Anyone who wants to explore the basics of the Christian faith.
- You don’t have to be a convinced believer to do the course - just open-minded.
- Also suitable if you know you believe in God, but have lots of questions
- It’s a suitable preparation for those thinking about getting baptised or confirmed
What does the course cover?
- Basic Christian beliefs about God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- How to grow spiritually
- How to live as a Christian
What happens in the sessions?
There will be a mixture of teaching input, questions and discussion. You can ask any question you want to. The group will be led by 2 leaders.
When and where will it take place?
Monday eveningsfrom 8 – 9.30 pm on 29thApril, 13th, 20thMay, 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24thJune, 1st, 8thJuly 2019.
At The Vicarage, 56 Dukes Ride, Crowthorne
What about baptism and/or confirmation?
There will be an opportunity for those who are not baptised or confirmed to decide whether they would like to take this step.
I’m not sure if this is going to suit me…
Come along to the first session and try it. Then you can decide if you want to continue.
The content of the course
Part 1 What Christians believe
- We need God in our lives
- The life and ministry of Jesus
- The death and resurrection of Jesus
- The Holy Spirit
- Becoming a Christian/ Confirmation
Part 2 How Christians grow
- Learning to pray
- Reading the Bible
- Belonging to the Church
- Sharing Holy Communion
Revd Dr Lisa Cornwell Tel. 772413
Mrs Gillian Gyenes (LLM) Tel. 773682