Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

St John the Baptist Parish Church

Courses and Quiet Days

Marriage Preparation Course

St Michael’s Sandhurst

1st and 15th March 2020 

The dates for the next course which will be on 1st and 15th March 2020 at 7.30pm at St Michael’s Pastoral Centre, Lower Church Road, Sandhurst GU47 8HN.

Marriage preparation

A Wedding is for a day; a Marriage is for life.” At St Michael’s we feel a sense of responsibility to help you make your marriage a success. We therefore have a short marriage preparation course of two evenings called “Beyond the Honeymoon” to help you to think beyond the pressures of wedding preparations to your future life together. There are usually several couples at each course, which we run twice a year. Each course takes place over two Sunday evenings, and is led by couples who are members of our church. You won't be made to feel embarrassed, or be expected to discuss personal matters in front of others, and you won't be assessed in any way. The intention is to explore what makes for a successful and lasting marriage, giving you the opportunity to discuss these areas as a couple. People tell us how helpful and relevant the course is, and often say that they've learnt something about their partner or themselves.”

We welcome couples from other churches in the Deanery.  Please contact 01252 873030 or emailoffice@stmichaels-sandhurst.org.uk . 

Feedback from the courses is invariably positive – here is a selection from the last couple of courses:

“It was helpful to discover the different love languages and finding out what my partner’s is.”

“We now know that although we don’t know what is ahead, we have the love of each other to work together.”

“Really good, both of us have enjoyed it and put tips into practice.”

“It was helpful to have the opportunity to spend some time reflecting on choices and decisions.”

“Very helpful, I think everyone should go on a course like this.”